- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- Labs included in this program are not supported on mobile devices (i.e., phones and tablets).
- Please note that a Windows environment is required to complete some course assignments (N+).
- A motherboard capable of client-side virtualization:
- A 64-bit CPU
- UEFI firmware
- Hardware virtualization support in UEFI
- PC: Windows 10 or later. Access to Windows 11 is needed for the textbook module "Installing Windows" (A+)
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Chromebook 113 or later
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word. To complete your assignments, you may need Microsoft Word 2003 or higher or an equivalent word-processing program, such as OpenOffice, which is available to download for free.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.)
- Access to copper Ethernet cable-making tools and equipment:
- RJ-45 connectors
- A crimping tool
- Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6 cable to practice on
- A reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements: Confirm
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The textbook for the Network+ and Security+ courses are accessed via links in the course lessons.
- CompTIA Network+ Guide to Networks, by Jill West
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals, by Mark Ciampa